What Connected Nation Does For You
Our mission is to improve lives by providing innovative solutions that expand the access, adoption, and use of broadband and its related technologies to all people. Here’s how we do that:
Community Planning & Solutions
- Engage education, healthcare, business, and community organizations
- Develop Technology Action Plans for small towns, large cities, counties, and regions
- Empower local leaders with solutions specific to the needs of your area
Result: more families, business, agriculture producers, others become connected
Empowering State Leaders
- Provide granular mapping to more accurately visualize the broadband landscape
- Identify the Digital Divide and focus on proven strategies to close it
- Develop projects designed to advance technology adoption and use
Result: More effective infrastructure investments, better public policymaking
Digital Works: Creating Jobs
- Help veterans, physical challenged, parents, senior citizens, young adults
- Provide digital skills training and telework job placement assistance
- Works with 70+ corporations across the U.S. while keeping tax dollars local
Result: Create a workforce that can fill the need for digital, online jobs
- Engaged 650+ communities with technology assessment & planning
- Provided 60,000+ school kids laptops and/or digital skills training
- Mapped broadband availability across more than 40% of U.S. landmass
- Facilitated 12+ state-level task force groups focused on broadband expansion
- Drove 250,000+ miles to verify reported broadband coverage
- Worked with 1,500+ unique broadband providers
Why Broadband Matters
Not having access means losing out on educational opportunities, healthcare resources, job training and employment options, and a myriad of goods and services that can improve a person’s or family’s quality of life.
WHO LACKS BROADBAND?
- 42 million Americans
- 43% of low income families
- 14.6% of rural residents
- 16.9 million school-aged children
Printable & Downloadable Resources
- Connected Nation Overview
- Find Low Cost Internet Service
- Connected Information Packet
- What Is Broadband?
- The Facts About Digital Inclusion
- Digital Works Informational Kit
- Digital Works for Military Families, Veterans
- Media Kit
Our staff breaks down our Connected Nation programs, explains how we work for you, and shares why our mission matters - all in about 60 seconds or less.
For more information on how to help or if you have questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.