Connected Nation will host digital literacy workshops at no cost to your organization or community.
Connected Nation (CN) is committed to empowering communities and their residents with the power of broadband and related technologies. Through its digital skills training, career readiness, and job placement opportunities, CN is dedicated to providing training opportunities for disadvantaged families, new technology adopters, job seekers, veterans, and military spouses to adopt and use technology effectively.
To advance digital literacy across America, CN has teamed up with AT&T to offer in-person and virtual digital literacy training workshops across the country where this training is needed for the digital empowerment of residents. The program is made possible as part of AT&T Connected Learning and AT&T's commitment to helping narrow the Digital Divide.
CN is now ready to partner with local community organizations to host in-person and virtual workshops across the United States.
Resources available for community organizations:
- Organizations will be invited to participate in communities where Connected Nation has provided support via its Connected Programs
- If you are interested in participating, contact Tammy Spring at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizations must work with CN staff (as needed) to select and schedule workshops
- Organizations must lead outreach efforts with their constituents. CN will provide all electronic materials and support messaging via various media channels
- Organizations must assign a point of contact for help with logistics planning and facilitation of workshops
- Organizations must provide support in identifying and securing a venue for in-person training (if needed). Training capacity depends on the space. The venue must have adequate broadband service and accommodation for 10+ participants. (All virtual classes will be conducted via Zoom – no venue required unless individual constituents do not have access to adequate broadband services)
- Participants must register in advance of the training. (Link to the registration page will be provided by CN)
- All participants must take a survey after the workshop
- Participants will receive a certification of completion after they finish training
- Internet Basics
- Computer Basics
- Email Basics
- Mobile Device Basics
- Web Conferencing
- Step One: Confirm your organization’s desire to participate with your Connected Nation point of contact or reach out to us via Tammy Spring at email@example.com
- Step Two: Work with CN to confirm the training date, training type, etc.
- Step Three: Outreach to constitutions and open registration. (CN will provide electronic marketing materials)
- Step Four: Have interested participants register (Link to be provided on each organization’s flyers)
- Step Five: Participants to attend workshops led by a CN staff / Take AT&T survey upon completion
- Step Six: Participants will receive a certification of completion