Biden-Harris Administration Announces Timeline for National High-Speed Internet Deployment
The following press release was published on November 10, 2022 from the National Telecommunications and Information Administration
(November 10, 2022) - The National Telecommunications and Information Administration expects to communicate Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment allocation levels to eligible entities by June 30, 2023. The Biden-Harris Administration is required by law to allocate Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment funds according to a formula derived from the map data. NTIA coordinates closely with the FCC to ensure that this data is accurate and reliable and will continue to do so. NTIA’s efforts to date include:
- Calling every single Internet Service Provider (ISP) in the United States to remind them of their obligations relating to the Broadband Data Collection (BDC) process, register any concerns or technical assistance requests, and relay those to the FCC;
- Engaging in sustained outreach with Governors’ offices, state broadband offices, and stakeholder communities to share technical assistance resources, solicit feedback, and relay major areas of concern; and
- Producing and sharing materials to break down the process with key dates and deadlines for affected stakeholders.
NTIA will engage in a comprehensive outreach effort to support the FCC in its efforts to ensure that every state that wishes to file a challenge can do so. This effort will include:
- Technical assistance to state broadband officials and governors’ offices as they prepare challenges;
- Webinars for members of the public wishing to learn more about how to participate in the challenge process;
- Regular engagement with state officials to identify and resolve issues.