In order to provide exceptional service and fairness to network operators of all types, Connected Nation Internet Exchange Points (CNIXP) hereby establishes the following interconnect policy, which is and shall remain in effect in all CNIXP facilities.
Connected Nation Internet Exchange Points will:
- Enter into good faith negotiations with any entity making a bona fide request.
- Offer nondiscriminatory interconnection products and services, at reasonable rates and under reasonable terms and conditions negotiated by the parties, in perpetuity (subject to technical feasibility without exceeding current or anticipated capacity limitations).
- Offer interconnection on a nondiscriminatory basis to the public Internet (directly or indirectly) and providing physical interconnection for the exchange of traffic openly to any and all network operators regardless of type.
- Provide equal access to all CNIXP manhole and handhole infrastructure on CNIXP property to any CNIXP customer in good standing.
- Provide equal access to all CNIXP point(s) of entry (POE) infrastructure to and through any CNIXP facility to any CNIXP customer in good standing.
- Provide physical layer access at fair market rates on all ladder racks for customer fiber optic cables (which are to be installed only by CNIXP technical staff).
- Within the CNIXP “Meet Me Area,” provide direct, physical fiber interconnections (“cross connects”) between any two properly contracted network operator customers (who are in good standing) under reasonable terms and timeframes.
- Forego the collection of any additional monthly recurring cross-connect fees for any fiber interconnections within the Meet Me Area.
- Comply with the 2015 FCC Internet Policy as applicable.