October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Each October, many people show their support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month by wearing pink, running 5K races and honoring loved ones who have battled breast cancer and this year, there are companies around the country who have created apps to help detect breast cancer, stay informed after a diagnosis of cancer, and send reminders on how important it is to conduct self-exams.
15 of the best Breast Cancer iPhone & Android Apps of 2014 as gathered by Healthline can be found at this link: http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/top-breast-cancer-iphone-android-apps - 1
Here are some facts about breast cancer in the United States according to the National Breast Cancer Foundation Inc.:
· One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
· Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
· Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
· Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
· Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.
If you have worn pink, run a 5K race honoring loved ones who have battled breast cancer, you are appreciated!"