It’s Cyber Monday and millions of Americans will be going online to get the best deals from their favorite stores. If you missed out on the late night and long lines of Black Friday, Cyber Monday allows you to take advantage of the sales from the comfort of home.
Businesses across the nation are getting more connected each year and that’s leading to an overwhelming increase in online sales. This past year alone, an estimated $1.7 TRILLION was brought into businesses via online sales. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
More and more, folks are shopping online:
- Nationally, 62% of American adults (149 million Americans) shop online.
- Over one-half of the adults we asked (52%) said they had made at least one online purchase in the previous 12 months.
- On average, online shoppers reported spending $520.91 on online purchases over the previous 12 months.
- Guys are more likely to go online to look for deals – 66% of men shop online, compared to 59% of women.
- Shopping from a smart phone is on the rise too. More than one in five American adults (21%, representing more than 50 million Americans) use their smartphones to shop online. Once again, men are more likely to shop on their smartphones.
- Online sales revenues over the past 12 months total 11% of the United States Gross Domestic Product in 2012.
Yet, 1.8 million businesses remain unconnected — and that’s why we’re working with our partners, local providers, and communities across the nation to bridge the digital divide!
Share this Post