Connected Nation is a mission-driven nonprofit that has been a leader in helping states close the Digital Divide for the past 20 years. Our team of telecommunications engineers, researchers, data analysts, geospatial professionals, digital inclusion specialists, policy analysts, community relations leaders, digital literacy experts, and professional planners thoroughly understands the funding landscape, technology, policy, and business of broadband expansion.
Leveraging the IIJA
With the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), Congress has entrusted states with the leading role in closing the Digital Divide.
With the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, most broadband funding will funnel directly to states through the $42.45 billion Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment (BEAD) grant program. With oversight from the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), states will be required to develop plans to close the Digital Divide.
- Pioneer and market leader in broadband mapping
- Developed maps and analyses across 16 states and one territory
- Mapped 48% of U.S. land mass for connectivity
- Facilitated 12 state-level broadband task force groups
- Conducted outreach to over 1,500 ISPs
- Provided 60,000+ internet-enabled devices
- Provided digital and job skills training for 70,000+
- Partnered with 1,300 community entities on digital equity programs
- Supported broadband grant design and/or implementation in three states
- Administered $87 million in federal broadband grant
- Created statewide internet connectivity plans in 12 states and one territory
- Engaged 650+ communities with planning and technical assistance
- Verified broadband coverage over 250,000 road miles
- Developed federally recognized broadband coverage validation methodology